When it comes to touring/everyday bikes I think it is pretty hard to get a style points and also have a great functional bike. I have been riding a Surly Long Haul trucker for just over 2 years now and although it is not the best looking bike out there, it is highly functional and also severs a purpose. I needed something that could take front and rear racks and also have mounts for a full mudguard set, I guess I wanted something that was a good all rounder and that I could enjoy riding everyday to work and also load up and go touring on. The main problem with the L.H.T. for me is that the wheel base is massive! This is to make the ride more stable when the bike is loaded up with full panniers, but this also means when on a quick ride without panniers that it handles a little like a tank. I guess the obvious answer would be to have a road and a touring bike, but that means another bike in the garage/shed and spending the money to get 2 bikes that are of good enough quality that you would want to ride them.
The hobo fills a pretty big gap in the market. Trust Cinelli to produce a cool touring bike that you can use everyday. Cinelli have been working on there ‘Bootleg’ brand for years now, selling components branded with its logo. Bootleg is a Cinelli project inspired by Irozen Aldo “Rock” Calandro and Antonio Colombo, they have kind of crafted the brand into a mysterious, innovative creature from the deep that has no name or colour, it is a rebel and loves to be that way. The Hobo is named after a classic American beatnik, someone that roams from place to place looking for somewhere to lay their head. We love this bike because it is a bit of a rebel, It’s wheel base is tight enough to ride everyday or ride for cyclocross and also solid enough to ride around the world. It’s stuck with classic canti brakes, unlike the modern trend for the disc brake. A triple chainset means you can ride up anything and with a 38c tyre coming on it as standard you can ride over anything and do it in comfort. It is designed by people that love to ride bikes and ride them hard, so it will last.
Cinelli’s specs for the complete bike are as follows:
- A true cult bike, this Cinelli continues the adventure
- Frame: Columbus CrMo steel with a 68mm English bottom bracket
- Fork: 1-1/8″ Tange triple butted with bosses
- Cockpit: Cinelli Hobo Compact bar, Hobo 31.8 stem and seat post, San Marco Hobo custom saddle and Cinelli seat clamp
- Drivetrain: FSA Alpha Drive / Shimano Deore 9spd
- Wheels: AlexR450 rims and Deore hubs (46cm uses 26″ wheels)
- Tyres: Vittoria Randonneur wire bead 700x35c
- Spare spoke holder on rear chain stay
- Mudguard and carrier bosses
- Triple bottle cage bosses.
- Accessories: Tubus front and rear racks (cages not included)
- Visit (www.cinelli-usa.com) or (www.cinelli.it) for complete size and dimension charts
Contact us if your interested in the Hobo. 01223 322549 email@example.com